Christ United Methodist Church
Located adjacent to St. Philip’s Church in Laurel, Christ United Methodist Church‘s history dates back to 1831. This is the year the Methodist Protestant Church was established in Laurel. A year later, the church opened in an old school house on West Street. In 1866, land was purchased for construction of the church on Wheat Street, now named Central Ave, and the church was built for $8,000. In 1912, the current church was built on the site using stone structure. The church remains in operation with regular services each week.