Hearn and Rawlins Mill
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP), this site has had a mill on it since 1820. The first mill burned down in 1879, and was replaced shortly afterward with the present one. This mill currently not in operation at this time. Hearn and Rawlins, with a history going back nearly a century, preserves the type of small country milling operation that once could be found on every Delaware stream. The fast-flowing and abundant waters of the Nanticoke tributaries near Seaford powered a large number of mills during the nineteenth century. This power source, combined with deep-water navigation of the Nanticoke, combined to make Seaford an important shipping point for agricultural products.