Once the town’s post office, this site became the Seaford Museum in 2003. The Seaford Museum includes a changing exhibit gallery, a presentation room, a general information area, and a gift shop. It has thousands of local artifacts following a timeline of United States, Delaware, and area history. It begins with the area’s natural resources, the Nanticoke Indians, and winds its way to the 21st century with the world’s first synthetic fiber, a nylon spinning machine. Other exhibits focus on early agriculture, shipbuilding, canning, the poultry industry, railroads, Black River Pilots, and the Nanticoke River’s connection with the Chesapeake Bay. The museum is located in downtown Seaford on High Street in the restored 1930’s post office building. The museum still houses several prominent post office antiques, such as the P.O. Boxes.