Woodland Methodist Church and Cemetery
In 1843, Mrs. Boling and her son, Jacob Nicholson built a small place of worship at Cannon’s Ferry (now Woodland). The land was deeded in 1832 and was always meant to be the site for a church. In 1883, the present church was built. Electricity was installed with a remodeling in 1941. The church has had some upgrades, but the stained glass windows from 1951 are still admired, the original gas ceiling lamps, now electrified, and original oil lamp brackets adorn the windows. The church was referred to as “the church built beside a graveyard”. This was due to early families being buried by the church.